Home CMU Programs for Military Veteran's Resource Center
Veterans' Resource Center
Veterans' Resource Center Contacts
The VRC serves CMU students
- Active Military (including National Guard and Reserve)
- Spouses and/or dependents of Active Military and Veterans
Staff will help each student:
- Get the most out of your CMU experience
- Receive assistance with educational benefits, including those applicable to spouses and/or dependents
- Build academic and social networks.
- Make the transition from active duty to any of our locations or online
Veterans’ Resource Center
114 Warriner Hall
Mount Pleasant, MI 48859
Telephone: (989) 774-7991
Fax: (989) 774-7993
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Also by appointment
Step-by-Step Guide to Receiving VA Educational Benefits at CMU
- Apply for admission to CMU at apply.cmich.edu, if you haven’t already.
- Order your military transcripts for each branch as follows:
- Army - AARTS
Sailor/Marine - SMARTS
- Air Force: (Click on
Benefits and look under Education)
- Coast Guard: TA Application (CG-4147)
- Provide a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) letter to
the VRC. Your COE indicates your GI Bill entitlement chapter… 30, 31, 33 post
9/11, 35, 1606 or 1607. If you haven’t applied to the VA go to step 4.
- Apply for VA Educational Benefits
if you’ve never received the GI Bill at another school.
- Create your account and apply through eBenefits at:
- Are you applying for the Survivors’ & Dependents’ Education Assistance Program (Chapter 35)?
- If so, you may be eligible for the Children of Veterans Tuition Grant
(CVTG). We strongly encourage you to review the
CVTG Fact Sheet and submit an
application to the State of Michigan if you feel you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Read the
GI Bill of Student Rights & Responsibilities thoroughly. Sign, date and
return this form to the VRC.
- Students transferring to CMU from another institution must
notify VA of the change of program/place of training.
Use your eBenefits account to submit the change request.
- E-mail a copy of the confirmation and summary page to the VRC at
CMU’s GI Bill Enrollment Certification Request.
- You must complete and submit the certification request each semester after you enroll for classes.
- This form must be submitted to the appropriate School Certifying Official (SCO)* for enrollment certification with the VA.
- For courses taken in Michigan or online, submit your form to the VRC.
- For courses taken at U.S. Global Campus Centers outside the state of Michigan, submit your form to the
CMU Global Campus Center where you are registered for classes.
- Guest Student Certification – If you are a guest student requesting enrollment certification, your home institution must complete and forward a “Parent Letter” to
the VRC. Contact the VRC for more information.
Link to USDVA for Benefit Descriptions: