Home > Tuition/Financial Aid > Financial Aid Instructions > Financial Aid Checklist
Financial Aid Checklist
To receive Federal Financial Aid for Central Michigan University's Global Campus, students must complete the following:
- The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) can be completed on the
Internet at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
You will need to know Central Michigan University’s Title IV code: 002243.
The federal processing agency will mail a Student Aid Report (SAR) to you within
four to six weeks after you submit your application. This form must be completed
each academic year.
- Admission to a degree-seeking program
- Graduate Students - minimum of 5 credit hours per semester
- Undergraduate Students - minimum of 6 credit hours per semester
- First time borrowers must complete Entrance Loan Counseling:
- Sign the Master Promissory Note:
- Refer to page 17 of the Global Campus FA Manual at
for Federal Direct Student Loan Limits
- To monitor your Financial Aid Award Status
go to CentralLink. You will need your CMU Global
ID and your password. (If you do not know your password you will need to contact
the CMU helpdesk at (800) 950-1144, ext: 3662.)
- Award Notification – Official notification of your financial aid award will be
e-mailed to your cmich webmail for new students; returning students will receive
award notification via e-mail to your cmich webmail.
Reduce or reject offered loans online via the Student Status page via the
- Set up direct deposit of your financial aid funds with CMU Receivable
Accounting. For instructions and to download a form, see
You can now have your Financial Aid, Receivable Accounting Refunds deposited
directly on to CMU’s new Money Network™ MasterCard ®.
For frequently asked questions, go to:
Visit CentralLink to sign up today:
- Loan disbursement will take place when:
- Semester has officially started
- You are registered for the minimum number of credit hours - 6 for undergraduate and 5 for graduate
- First class has started
- Signed Master Promissory Note is on file (you can check for receipt by CMU on
the Financial Aid Status Page)
- Financial Aid Warning/Suspension may delay or prohibit you from receiving
financial aid - see page 8 of the OCP FA Manual at
- How it happens
- FAFSA filed
- Award Notification via cmich e-mail
- Registration based on your program requirements (register for all of the classes
you want to take for the semester to assure timely disbursement of your
financial aid funds, remember if you drop/withdrawal it will affect your
financial aid). See
the refund schedule.
- Tuition Statements e-mailed to Global ID account to all students
- Tuition Paid by financial aid if packaged
- Refund as applicable for remaining award balance