Home > Degrees & Programs > Professional Development > Certificate in Online Instruction
Certificate in Online Instruction
Ready to teach a course online but not sure how?
CMU has the solution!
Enroll in Central Michigan University's Certificate in Online Instruction program. This certificate program is for educators like you who have the desire to teach online and want to learn first hand how to do it.
The Certificate in Online Instruction program, delivered through
CMU's Global Campus, is designed to provide you with the opportunity to experience instruction and learning online and to prepare you to teach in this format.
- Gain an understanding of online teaching
- Participate in online learning
- Develop an online course syllabus for the course you plan to teach
- Earn one (1) graduate level college credit from CMU
- July 7 - August 2, 2013 - Program is currently full. Registration is closed.
- Week One – Getting Started, Syllabus, and Course Expectations
- Week Two – Communication and Interaction with Students
- Week Three – Preparing, Organizing and Presenting Content Online
- Week Four – Creating a Quality Assessment
Four Weeks – One Goal
Taught completely online, this rigorous certificate program is delivered over
four weeks with one module covered per week. By the end of the program you will have a start-to-finish plan to get you ready to teach an online course.
As a student in the program you will participate in the same types of interactivities that you will create for your own online students, including:
- Accessing posted notes
- Submitting required written assignments
- Participating in discussion boards
- Taking online quizzes
- Participating in one online chat per week
Cost for the four-module course
Individual with college credit*
$300, plus a $50 admission fee if you are not currently admitted to Central
Individual with non-credit option
Group registration (non-credit option only)
$250 / person for multiple registrations from the same organization that
register at the same time
*Additional course work beyond the four modules will include a weekly reflective journal assignment and a final 5-10 page paper.
Note: Students must complete the program with an overall pass rate of 80% on assignments in order to receive a certificate.
Phone: (800) 950-1144, ext. 3718 or (989) 774-3718
Fax: (989) 774-1188
Hours: M-F 8 a.m. - 12 p.m., 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. (EST)