Home > Degrees & Programs > Professional Development > Programs For Educators > DDPD
District Designed Professional Development
CMU wants to be your higher education partner!
Professional development programs developed for and by your district relate
specifically to the skills and abilities you want your educators to gain.
By partnering with Central Michigan University through the District Designed
Professional Development (DDPD) program you can offer university credit
for your professional development.
Collaborating with CMU offers districts these benefits:
- University credit for educators and administrators seeking certificate renewal
and step advancement
- Revenue return
- Partnership with higher education
- Local content experts as instructors
- Content focused on school district needs
District Designed Professional Development (DDPD) is one of the best
opportunities we have to customize our offerings at Bay-Arenac ISD and meet the
needs of K-12 teachers in central Michigan schools. With our close working
relationship, we are able to identify needs of practicing
teachers/administrators and design specific, current courses. We appreciate the
partnership and look forward to continued success!"
Director of Instructional Services at Bay-Arenac ISD
I am a Returning DDPD Partner
Designing and Submitting Your Course:
Need some examples?
STEP 2: Identify the Instructor of Record and collect credentials
- Transcript showing a minimum of a Master degree
STEP 3: Complete the Course Submittal Form
Complete and submit Course Submittal Form at least six weeks prior to the
start date of your course. If you are seeking SB-CEU’s as college conversion,
please submit six to eight weeks in advance.
Click here for important information on offering SB-CEU’s as college
Trouble Filling out the Form? Read our FAQs.
STEP 4: Submit
Submit your syllabus, Course Submittal Form and instructor of record credentials
electronically via e-mail to your Client Services Representative. If you are not
able to submit the information electronically you may also fax or send via US
Approving the Course for Academic Credit
After we receive your Course Submittal
Form, Course Syllabus, and Instructor of Record Credentials, the information is
prepared and forwarded to the appropriate CMU academic department for review and
approval for academic credit.
Receiving Course Confirmation and Registration Materials:
When your course has been approved for academic credit, you will receive an
email from your Client Representative. If for some reason your course was not
approved, your Client Representative will communicate this to you, along with
feedback received regarding why the course was not approved. You can then revise
the syllabus to incorporate the feedback and send it to your Client
Representative who will re-submit the course for review to the appropriate CMU
Within two weeks after your course has been approved, registration forms and
information will be sent to the Contact Person listed on the Course Submittal
Helping your educators register for a DDPD Course
At first class session:
- Please distribute the class roster provided with registration materials and
ensure all educators who are interested in receiving graduate credit fill in
- Produce Credit Registration packets to educators who indicate they are
interested in receiving graduate credit.
- Inform educators that they must complete the steps to register for credit by the
third class session.
After the first class session:
- Fax the completed Class roster to CMU at 989 774-1188, to the attention of your
By the third class session:
- Remind educators to return Credit Registration forms to CMU using return envelop
provided in Credit Registration packet.
After Credit Registration forms are received:
- CMU processes admissions, if needed, and registrations. Your Client
Representative will contact educators if there are any details to resolve
regarding admission and registration
Completing the Course:
At the end of the course:
- CMU sends the grade list to the Instructor of Record
- Instructor of Record documents grades issued and signs the grade list
- Instructor of Record faxes or e-mails a copy of the grade list to CMU
- Instructor of Record returns the original of the grade list to CMU via US Mail.
- CMU processes and finalizes grades
- CMU processes payment to DDPD partner according to the financial arrangement
with the partner
More Questions? Contact Katie Warren or